Thursday, February 21, 2008

Lisa and George went down to Worthing yesterday - I'm going down there at the weekend for Lisa's mum's birthday. right now, I'm on my own.

It's quiet.

Too quiet.



went to the cinema with Sam last night - to see the latest coen brothers film "no country for old men" and I still can't work out if I liked it or not. it was increadibly tense and well acted and the villain was scary as hell. but the end... well, I won't spoil it, but I'm not sure how I could - because I don't really know what happened.

coen brother's films always seem to have money as their driving force, but it's the pursut of it rather than the cash itself that's important in the films - the money never seems to materialise in the end and the people aren't any happier or less happy because of it. I think this latest film has something spiritual about it (as they mostly do) -the villain is somewhere beyond human - representing a wave of sensless crime that nobody's quite sure where it came from or whether it's new to the world or not...



Anyway, sam and I dicussed our joint 40th birthday plans. it looks like we may not be able to afford the costumier we'd planned to have, but we may be going for a holywood theme and we may be having masks.... not sure yet. we're looking for a band and a dj and we're hoping to get chips supplied by a local chip shop half way through the evening...

it should be a good night .

No comments: